The Cotswold Vale Farmers Hunt was established in 1947, in order to hunt the Vale of Gloucester and Forest of Dean.
The founder Members were Gloucestershire Farmers led by Edward Pullen.
The Hounds were initially kennelled at Boddington Manor.
In 1978 changes in ownership forced the CVFH to find new premises and John and Philip Whitehouse offered the lease of some land at Bradley Farm, Mitcheldean.
Members of the Hunt set forth to convert this site to Hunt Kennels digging drains, laying concrete building hound lodges and buildings, stables for the horses were erected and a mobile home installed.
In 2001 hounds were moved temporarily to the Croome and West Warwickshire Kennels.
In 2004 the Hunt was able to buy some land in Gotherington, near Cheltenham from a long time subscriber John Hopkins and then built new Kennels which is where it is at this present time.
Our Country is mostly in Gloucestershire with a small bit in Herefordshire. Basically it surrounds and includes Gloucester. It is bordered in parts by the rivers Severn and Wye. It goes up to Gotherington (A435),; to Tewkesbury, including Apperley, Norton and Sandhurst and then over the river towards the Forest of Dean (west of the B4215/B4221) including places like Tibberton, Newent, Gorsley, Churcham,Huntley, Mitcheldean, Lea, Longhope, Flaxley Staunton and English Bicknor.
The map below gives a rough idea of the area .
The Country is a mixture of grassland, arable and woodlands including the Forest of Dean. Jumps are mainly post and rails with some hedges.
Neighbouring packs are: Berkeley, Cotswold, North Cotswold, Croome & West Warwickshire, Ledbury, South Herefordshire, Monmouth and Curre & Llangibby.